Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Emotions...ugh!


As I sat at Starbucks and pondered the topic of emotions I wondered, as a woman is it possible to not allow them to run my life and decisions?
For a man, or most, emotions are rarely shown, like a rare animal seeing on very few occasions. For a woman, take that same animal, stick it in a glass box and place it in the center of the L.A. zoo! We live and breath emotions and we like to share them with the world!


Emotions, I believe are a blessing from the Lord, but they can also cause major destruction if not dealt with, with wisdom. I've been on both sides of this destruction. I've been confused and hurt by others unwise emotional choices and I've caused more confusion and hurt to people I love because of my unwise choices. If the Lords taught me anything over this past year it would be that emotions like storms come and go, and to be wise with what you may be feeling. In Romans 12:12, Paul says to be glad for all God is planning for you. Be PATIENT in trouble, and ALWAYS be PRAYERFUL.
So my encouragement and challenge is to stay patient and ALWAYS be prayerful...in all things! Even with your emotions. If an emotion rises in you, stop before anything is said or done and ask the Lord, is this necessary to share or act on. Save yourself and others unnecessary confusion and hurt. It's time to cling to the Lord.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Don't you just love to blog!? It's the best, I love it!